Thursday, September 10, 2009

Nate's Break

Since Nate's breaks are few and usually not too long, we try to take full advantage of his temporary homework-free time. During this Spring to Summer quarter break, we took Abby to the Monroe, LA zoo, and then spent a day in Vicksburg, MS. It was great!!

This is the typical southern style tree, with the moss hanging from the branches. Both an ugly and beautiful sight to see :)
Abby loved the day at the Zoo and enjoyed getting so much time with Daddy. I think the boat tour was everyone's favorite, but with how nasty lime green the water was, we were warned that anything lost would NEVER be found :)

Abby became such a pro at stair climbing and loved to do it all throughout each day!

The Great Mississippi River at dusk

The Vicksburg National Military Park was beautiful and all the monuments were very impressive; it was amazing to see that much beauty in a place where so much blood was shed during the Civil War.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicksburg_National_Military_Park

The USS Cairo was also very cool to see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Cairo
Although we're still #1 fans of living in Utah, living down South is beginning to grow on us a little, especially with having close access to great historical sites like this (we're both a little nerdy with our interests in history :) )

1 comment:

Becca said...

I am a little jealous...I would love to be nerdy with you! I have always wanted to go see all those historical sites. Maybe some day...