My mom is a saint. She offered to come out and help when our little #3 came along, and unlike her older brother, this little lady was willing to stay put until grandma could come and ease all stress with babysitting, cleaning, the works. I'd started having contractions on and off, so when my mom got here, I went all out, mopping the kitchen floor (on hands and knees), lifting my kids, even shopping and using the eliptical at Sears. It worked enough. I started having contractions again - at least enough to justify going to the hospital. What I failed to check in advance was who the on-call doctor would be that day: Dr. Scott Joyner, who also happens to be our bishop. I was a bit hesitant, but determined to have our little lady that day (also happening to put exactly 4.5 years to the day between her and Abigail), so he went ahead and broke my water (quite awkward) and about 4 hours later, our beautiful little girl was born, weighing 7lbs 6oz, and with a ton of auburn hair. Her sweet little cry sounded just like her siblings, and she was sooo sweet. She really has such a calm disposition. Nate got to cut the cord, and she got her first bath there in the room.
Nate went home that night to be with the kids so Mom could come meet her, and they brought the kids to meet her the next night.
It was really sweet, the hospital gives a nice celebratory dinner in the room for 2, so I asked Mom to be my date. It was great.
We stayed 2 nights at the Heartland Regional Medical Center, and we finally settled on her name just before leaving to take her home. I'd been set on Sadie Kate Sewell, but Nate wasn't a fan of the name. We both liked Katelyn, (it was weird/tough though, our neighbors and friends the Allphins have an infant named Katelyn as well) and when we saw her, that name fit her best. We ran through a ton of other names to be sure, but nothing else fit as well. It was funny, we even settled on Katelyn Elizabeth and wrote it on her birth certificate, but changed our minds last minute to name her Katelyn Elise after one of Nate's grandmothers.
The name fits her perfectly.




No comments:
Post a Comment