Monday, May 10, 2010

March 2010

This month has been really beautiful and despite a few drastic dips in the highs and lows, it's been an overall ideal month and we thoroughly enjoyed our bright pink tree for a week or two.
We had opportunities to pet-sit both a cat and puppy (different weeks), and although I liked and preferred the cat, my allergies started driving me crazy, so I was really disappointed to learn that we'll never own an indoor cat. The puppy was fun, and Abby had a blast with it, but it was sooo much work! I'm so glad I learned the easy way that I'm not ready to own one just yet. We did get some fun pics though :)
A huge highlight was that my friend Sara came out to visit for a week, and we made a fun road trip down to New Orleans, it was sooo fun!! I have lots of pics of that :)


'Nike.' Cute little thing. He was fun to tend and both lit up Abby's day and also wore her out well - maybe we do want a dog after all...

Abby testing out Daddy's shoes

Our New Orleans Trip:
A cute and creepy cemetery we found along the way

The drive south was beautiful

We had to make a quick stop in Natchitoches for fried green tomatoes and alligator bits

Abby was a great little traveler

A BEAUTIFUL plantation home we saw along the way
(someday I want a driveway with trees that line the path like this!!)

Our awesome hotel that Sara found - it used to be a huge coffee warehouse!

We loved it!

One of the neat old cemeteries in town

One of the beautiful residential roads

Abby was such a goof that night, and so hilarious, we had to get pics

Jackson Square

This is how Abby fell asleep while we were sightseeing

MMMmmm... Gumbo :)

The St. Louis #1 Cemetery. It was a fun "haunted tour" :)

By taking the wrong tour bus on our first day there, we learned all about the city, it's history, culture, and how it was affected by Katrina. It was really interesting, and we were amazed at how well the city looked and felt after only 5 years. This was a rare sight - it obviously hasn't had repairs begin yet, but it gave us a better idea of how things would have looked back then.
It was such a fun trip, thanks Sara!! Now I can't wait to go back with Nate :)

No comments: